|The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump
(Click for Amazon book review)
BOOK REVIEW by OnTheIssues.org:
Donald Trump once ran for President. People forget that in 1999-2000, Trump was actively running for the presidency via the Reform Party nomination (he lost the nomination to Pat Buchanan, who then lost in the general election to George W. Bush). In 2012, when the pundits speculate about whether Trump will enter or re-enter the presidential fray (this time as a Republican), THEY remember that he ran seriously once before, even if the public has forgotten.
This book was Trump’s answer to his critics in 1999-2000 that he was not a serious candidate — that he was just running as a "publicity hound" for self-promotion. It was released in hardcover in January 2000, early in the presidential race. It’s a serious policy book; the sort of book we wish every candidate had to write. He lays out his issue stances on every important issue, and establishes himself as a moderate populist. (In the context of the Reform Party nomination, Pat Buchanan was an immoderate populist).
Trump has changed his views somewhat since 2000. And accordingly, he has a new book out for the 2012 race, Time to Get Tough. In 2012, he has become more conservative (for example, changing his tax views from "tax the wealthy" in this book, to "reduce taxes" in his 2011 book). We re-reviewed his 2000 book in preparation for the 2012 race — indeed, Trump has become more conservative on several issues, which is consistent with his planning to run as a Republican in 2012.
Is Trump running in 2012? People forget too that Trump WAS running already, in 2011, as a Republican. He focused his unofficial candidacy on Barack Obama’s birth certificate, and exited the race when Obama produced it. Trump’s GOP candidacy lasted from April 2011 until May 2011.
Now it’s 2012, and Trump once again rattles his saber of a candidacy. It’s too late to run as a Republican, so Trump may run as an Independent. If he runs, this older book — as well as his newer book — would immediately become a must-read for all political aficionados. Until then, this older book serves as a means to compare Trump’s older stances with his current ones.
- Trump đang làm cách mạng ở HK-Bao giờ giới trẻ VN viết trang sử mới- July 25, 2017
- THÔNG ĐIỆP 100.000 TẤN-July 23, 2017
- Trần Kiều Ngọc, cô là ai? July 22, 2017
- Tin Ngắn- 20 thất bại của “Dân chủ”, Những phụ nữ yêu HLC, Ngô Nhân Dụng ‘thổ tả”, Đoàn Trọng ” bò” về với VNCS- July 21, 2017
- Vĩnh Tường- 20 thất bại của “Dân chủ” trong việc c hống Trump- July 20, 2017
- 20.7.1954-ngày chia đôi
- ĐOÀN TRỌNG, KÝ GIẢ CHỐNG CỘNG KỲ CỰU Ở CA VỀ VN VÀ VIẾT GÌ- July 19, 2017
- Ngô Nhân Dụng: một loại “media thổ tả”. July 19, 2017
- Trận chiến giữa “Hoài Ngô” và “Bài Ngô” nên chấm dứt. July 17, 2017
- DÂN GẦN TRĂM TRIỆU VẪN TRẺ CON? July 17, 2017
- Cái bắt tay 25 second- Trump- Macron- July 17, 2017
- Vũ Linh- “Con ma Nga” hồi sinh- July 17, 2017
- Macron, sao em nỡ phụ tình già! July 17, 2017
- Ô Ngô Nhân Dụng tự viết và gán cho Gerald F. Seib hay sao mà tôi chưa tìm thấy? July 15, 2017
- THE HIIL: LS NGA ĐÃ ĐƯỢC BỘ TƯ PHÁP CHO Ở MỸ TRƯỚC KHI BÀ NÀY G ẶP TRUMP “CON”- July 15, 2017
- Đúng là SURPRISE- Lindsey Graham và Bill Cassidy đòi đưa vụ OBM care cho tiểu bang giải quyết! July 14, 2017
- Democrats’ Real, Pervasive Collusion With Russia Somehow Lost In Media’s Hysterical Anti-Trump Campaign-July 13,2017
- Nữ luật sư Nga từng gặp Trump “con” là ai? July 13, 2017
- Bài của Vũ Linh từ April 2015-July 2017 về bầu cử Hoa Kỳ
- Một số bài của Vũ linh về Trump -July 2017